The purpose of the Data Reference Group is to work with members to support the collection of high-quality ASGLB child- and adopter-level data. The focus of this next set of Data Reference Group meetings is to discuss the ways the data collection templates can be developed to make them easier to be completed and improve the quality of the data collected. Topics discussed will include exploring the feasibility and potential usefulness of collecting additional data items and adding in status flags to assist with clearing errors, for example:
- Adding a ‘sibling ID’ data field to link sibling groups together
- Adding a ‘reason for change of plan’ and ‘plan changed to’ data fields
- Adding status flags for ‘private/non-agency adoption’ and ‘relinquished child’ to clear queries where data items are not available
- Moving the ‘family-finding status’ data field in the template to a more logical place within the template
- Discussing the current barriers to collecting the ‘family identifier’ data field
This list is not exhaustive and is only for consideration, so if there are other ways you feel the data collection can be developed, please email [email protected] and your ideas can be added to the list to be discussed.
A final list for discussion and meeting agenda will be circulated in January 2021, together with the Microsoft Teams meeting invite.