Are you a local authority looking to improve practice in children’s services? Has your children’s social care service received a poor or inadequate rating in its most recent Ofsted Inspection?
Are you looking for support to develop your SEND offer in line with the current statutory requirements?
Do you need support in gathering children and young people’s views and using them to help inform the development of your services?
Coram-i provides improvement services that can help better your practice and the outcomes you achieve for your children. We have already used our specialised improvement framework, diagnostic tools, costs-avoided methodology and uniquely designed approaches to make significant performance improvements in over 30 local authority adoption services. We can help you to:
- achieve better performance against Government scorecards and Ofsted inspection judgements
- increase staff productivity and satisfaction, and hence their effectiveness
- reduce the resources spent supporting looked after children as a result of earlier permanence placements
- have access to more accurate, timely management information to help managers track the performance of their staff and service
- increase service-user satisfaction of the services provided at key points in their journey
- progress complex cases with our multi-disciplinary expertise
How we work
Coram-i is highly committed to helping vulnerable children have the best possible chance to live a fulfilling life.
Our approach is data-led, analysing performance data to identify problems. We use existing data as much as possible, including statutory returns. Our approach is also practice-based, drawing on our wealth of experience of improving the lives of children, to identify and deliver solutions to address these problems. We deploy multi-professional teams of practitioners, specialists and analysts. We will either tackle problems at a case- or strategic-level, determining whether the problems are isolated or systemic. Our cross-layer approach makes our offering unique and provides us with insight into the systemic challenges that are facing children’s services in England.
What local authorities say
The diagnostic report provided the impetus for action planning in a manner that is superior to the Ofsted report because it brought the impact and delay for our children alive at the individual case level and then aggregate.
Steve Tanner, Interim Head of Children’s Care Services in Buckinghamshire, 2015
Coram originally launched its award winning consultancy service in 2014, Coram-i, and its aim is to share its expertise with local authorities and other agencies to deliver better outcomes for looked after children. Through our pioneering improvement work and long-term partnerships, we provide support to local authorities so they are better equipped to achieve permanency for looked after children.
Coram is the UK children’s charity that has been supporting vulnerable children for more than 275 years and is still finding new ways to help children.
As a charity group, we are committed to focus attention on the issues we still need to address for all children to have the best possible start in life including:
- decisions for children to be made in their timescales and best interests
- equality of access to education, services and justice for all children
- consistent high quality practice and relationships that matter.
To find out more about our charitable work visit our main website http://www.coram.org.uk